D uffy-Pils Memorial Homes have been serving the local area for 3 generations. It began when Gilbert & Ruby Pils opened the doors of the Pils Memorial Home in Chenoa, IL on April 1, 1939. They purchased the 11 room house located at the corner of Weir and Lincoln Streets and made their living quarters on the second floor. The main floor housed the funeral home.
Gilbert and Ruby were married in September of 1938 and soon after began to remodel the house at its present location. They had 2 daughters, Sandra & Patricia.
Gilbert was the son of Jacob and Matilda Pils of Chenoa, IL. He graduated from Chenoa High School in 1934. He attended Illinois Wesleyan University and was a graduate of the Worsham College of Mortuary Science, Chicago in March of 1937.